workstation marketing - hardware

James Smith smittix at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 22 17:45:42 UTC 2014

I also agree that my first choice would be an IBM think pad but again as
jzb wrote it might make people think that there is some kind of sponsorship
there.

I think laptops such as the HP envy are quite nice as they are clean
looking and not easily recognisable.

Just my two pence.

Smittix

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2014 01:35 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>

>> Do we have any preferences as to what model laptop we might want to
>> feature? If we did this, would we have to blur out / debrand the system?
>>
>> Does anyone have thoughts on this kind of thing?
>>

> My feeling is that ThinkPads are sort of the informal go-to Fedora laptop,
> but maybe that's just my bias/history showing.
>
> Not sure whether that's necessary, though it's *possible* that showing a
> logo/distinctive laptop might imply to some folks there's some sort of
> sponsor/endorsement relationship where none exists.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
>
> --
> Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
> jzb at redhat.com | http://community.redhat.com/
> Twitter: @jzb  | http://dissociatedpress.net/

Sent from my iPad