workstation marketing - hardware

Andreas Nilsson lists at andreasn.se
Wed Oct 22 19:30:59 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-22 19:35, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> We are thinking about having a nice high-quality photo of a laptop to
> show the workstation desktop screenshot on for the website.
>
> Do we have any preferences as to what model laptop we might want to
> feature? If we did this, would we have to blur out / debrand the system?
>
> Does anyone have thoughts on this kind of thing?

Nice idea to show the screenshot of Fedora running on a laptop on the
website!

Out of the Lenovo's, only the Yoga Pro 2 [1] looks visually appealing
enough to make Fedora shine, with the downside that another distro
"owns" orange (this is from a purely visual point of view, as the
Lenovos are nice to work with, but that's another thing). Another issue
with that is that it comes with a big windows logo on the front.

On the other hand, the blue Zenbook has the upside that it's blue, and
that's a color that is strongly connected with Fedora [2]. I'm not sure
if others have been referring to the more common silver model in the
thread, but if you can get hold of the blue one, that's a big win,
especially if the lightning makes the silver one ending up looking all
white.

The Samsung Series 9 might also be a good pick [3]

1.
http://lenovothailand.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lenovo-laptop-convertible-yoga-2-pro-orange-front-mouse-18.jpg

2.