F21 Alpha release announcement

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 19:37:50 UTC 2014

On 09/02/2014 11:59 AM, Ruth Suehle wrote:

>> Silly question: I think it makes sense to have one release announcement
>> for alpha/beta - but do we want separate release announcements for
>> cloud, workstation, and server when we get to F21 final?
>
> I think it depends on a couple of things:
>
> - How long is the result? I suspect we can highlight each in a single
> announcement, especially since this is the first time for it all, with a
> chance to explain what this all means.

It really all depends on how much detail we want. For cloud, for
example, I could see a fair amount of information with even high-level
details about the supported cloud images, Atomic, and so on.

> - Are there outlets/journalists we want to reach out to who would be
> interested in only one of them? If that's the case, then perhaps we do
> craft a version that specifically calls out that one (but of course also
> mentions the existence of the rest).

Yes. I would imagine, for instance, that quite a few journalists will
only care about server/cloud and not Workstation. (And a few the other way.)

Let's see how a single announcement plays out for the alpha and if
there's any demand for product-specific announcements.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst