G+ and Facebook pages - admin

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 14:26:34 UTC 2014

Rikki Endsley píše v Út 02. 09. 2014 v 19:05 -0400:
> It would be great if we had the Fedora twitter account connected to the Facebook page so it autoposts.

Hi,
I'm quite opposed to this idea. Facebook and Twitter are two different
social networks. The number of characters per message is different,
users are different,... The frequency of posting should also be
different. People on Twitter don't mind getting 10 tweets from one
account daily, FB and G+ will much more likely find it disturbing.
We should have messages that are tailored for the given social network.
I think we do have manpower to maintain those three networks manually.
FB and G+ accounts have been quiet recently because I was on holidays
for the last two weeks.

Jiri