F21 Alpha release announcement

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 17:27:55 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 09/01/2014 09:50 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Hey marketing!
> > As Fedora 21 is coming, the readiness meeting is this week, I'd like
> > to have release announcement draft written by the meeting, sooner
> > than later (even there's still some possibility of Alpha delays).
> >
> > Fedora 21 as it's next, is going to be a bit different to previous
> > releases, especially with products introduction. We should make sure
> > release announcement reflects it but on the other hand, I really like
> > the target audience structure we have now (and it still somehow fits
> > products).
> >
> > As always, place to coordinate/write announcement is at:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F21_Alpha_release_announcement
> >
> > (Not yet created but I can again help with features etc.).
>
> Working on this, will have something by tomorrow (3 Sept) morning,
> unless someone beats me to it.
>
> Silly question: I think it makes sense to have one release announcement
> for alpha/beta - but do we want separate release announcements for
> cloud, workstation, and server when we get to F21 final?

Workstation guys at today's meeting agreed on having the common release
announcement for Alpha/Beta, so for now we are covered. For final, they
would like to see umbrella Fedora 21 release announcement with links
to individual product specific announcements. I think this a good
compromise, does not put too much pressure on Alpha/Beta releases,
there's common announcement for all products to explain what products
in F21 are and gives space for product marketing. The only question
is if Cloud/Server wants to join it.

Jaroslav