F21 media

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 19:34:28 UTC 2014

On 09/04/2014 02:18 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I recall such a device being present at LinuxTag about 5 years ago.
> However, I also seem to recall it, and the booth, being overwhelmed by
> people wanting to take advantage of it.  In some sense that's a good
> problem to have (would we?); in another larger sense, lots of
> dissatisfied people.

I recall having to staff booths with such a device. Great idea in
concept, less so in practice. Does not handle the rush between
talks/during breaks well at all. Also, it tends to distract from *actual
conversations* and winds up being more interesting in and of itself.

To promote SUSE Studio, that was fine - that was the idea, to promote
that. We're not trying to promote our ability to build images on the
fly, but trying to get Fedora in as many hands as possible _and_ help
new users be successful.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst