Some suggestions for Marketing notes for FW 21

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 10 18:09:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eeek. Don't call it an "appstore" else the lawyers get all jumpy. I've
> been referring to it all the time as an "application installer" as I
> don't fancy fighting that fight.

I have to agree here -- not so much because I don't want any sort of a
legal trouble, but because there's no "store" to speak of.  (Unless, of
course, you use "store" to mean "storage", and not "a place to buy
things".)  Since we don't charge money for any of the applications, I have
a hard time calling it a store.  Let's call it an "application installer"
or a "software installer", but not an application store, please.

--
Jared Smith