Proposal -- fortnightly magazine meeting

Dr Foss doctorfoss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 18:59:41 UTC 2014

> On Sep 13, 2014, at 7:36 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/13/2014 09:34 AM, Rikki Endsley wrote:
>> I don't have a strong personal preference, but I agree with Joe's points about IRC. +1 for IRC meetings.
>>
>> (And don't believe what you read on twitter - Betty White and IRC are both still alive and kicking.)
>
> "IRC: The Abe Vigoda of technology."
+1 for Barney Miller reference :)
Irc is the standard way for Fedora Project meetings, I don't see us wanting to change this. We generally frown upon extra requirements to participate. (Freedoms- from Our Foundations).

Irc is our official way to meet. If you can't make the meeting- message a fellow team member. We can bring it to meeting.

For things like brainstorming, and the mktg Team folks getting to know each other- Hangouts are a *bonus* (not required) way for face-to-face contact. Many of us see each other at conferences, and forget others are not so lucky. (Friends- Foundations, again)

There are some small details for us to be mindful of, but, the details of how to keep this TOSW (TheOpenSourceWay.org) have already been worked out.

Once we have our official irc meeting set- I'm willing to help coordinate our bonus Hangout meeting :)

ALL Hail Tux the Magnificent,

Mark Terranova
Penguin Family
Doer of things with stuff in Fedora Ambadassadors, etc