F21 Alpha release announcement

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 19:19:57 UTC 2014

On 09/22/2014 01:52 PM, Pete Travis wrote:

*Trimmed >100 lines of unnecessary text. Please do the same!

>  I don't like the "Fedora Base" section. It provides an implication that
> there is a "Fedora Base" product, and maybe-kinda sets an expectation
> that users will have some sort of package selection UI, which afaik
> doesn't exist in any of the media we ship - unless you get a product
> netinstall and manually append a repo argument at boot.

From the announcement: Base is not a full product intended for use on
its own, but to be kept as a small, stable platform for other products
to build on.

Is that not clear enough?

> I suggest removing the " === Fedora Base === " line so the content of
> that section exists as a continuation of the previous paragraph, and
> perhaps omitting the paragraph about the Base WG completely.  I have the
> utmost respect and appreciation for their work, but describing
> organizational structure and internal division of responsibility doesn't
> seem right for a product release announcement.

This is the alpha announcement, not final. It seems appropriate to me to
mention this sort of thing in the alpha + beta announcements given the
audience is much smaller and more attuned to these things.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst