Fedora 21 'feature list'

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 27 02:48:50 UTC 2014

Hey folks! So, while doing my wiki attack lately, one thing I haven't
been able to resolve is the question of a Fedora 'feature list' since
the Changes process appeared.

Various places seem to treat different pages as a 'feature list', but
none of them seems to be clearly a canonical reference consumable for
outsiders. The most obvious page is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/21/ChangeSet

which various other pages link to. However, it has an admon header which
reads:

"The Change Set is a project's internal planning and tracking tool and
the final release may not reflect all information provided there!"

which obviously isn't appropriate for something we direct 'general
readers' to, whether it's correct or not (if not, it could just be
removed and then we could use that page, I guess).

A few pages also link to:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FeatureList

particularly the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki page
(which is kind of lightly maintained, I think). Up until today, that
page was a redirect or include of Releases/21/FeatureList , which
doesn't exist. Today, someone with the user name Belcocco has written a
rather good summary of Fedora 21 features into it, but I don't know if
that's part of any kind of co-ordinated effort or just a guerilla move.

So...I guess I'm saying there seems to be a need for a canonical,
externally-consumable, and accurate 'feature list' for Branched releases
before the release notes are available, and we don't seem to have one.
It'd be good if the relevant folks (docs, marketing, fesco...?) could
come up with a plan and line everything up. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey