Duplicate Posts in the Fedora Magazine

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 00:20:00 UTC 2015

On 04/05/2015 06:14 PM, Mohammad Matini wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> While looking at older articles on the Fedora Magazine, I found a number
> of duplicate posts.
>
>  From what I've seen so far, the duplicate posts are identical to the
> original posts, except they have different author names.
> They also have identical URLs, with an added '-2' in the end.
>
> The versions without the '-2' have more social media shares and
> comments, although the comments are sometimes duplicated too.
>
> I don't have an exact number for the duplicates, but I've found around
> 10 so far.
>
> I wounder what the reason might be for the duplication, and what can be
> done about it.
>
> Some examples are,
> http://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-select-and-set-default-applications-in-fedora/
> http://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-select-and-set-default-applications-in-fedora-2/
>
> http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-03-25/
> http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-03-25-2/
>
> http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-04-01/
> http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-04-01-2/
>
> http://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-21-to-ship-the-3-16-linux-kernel-and-a-smaller-minimal-install-set/
> http://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-21-to-ship-the-3-16-linux-kernel-and-a-smaller-minimal-install-set-2/
>
> Best regards,
> Mohammad Matini

Thanks for bringing this up Mohammad!

I had noticed this too, once we started putting the related articles on
the right -- i had been deleting them as i cam across them, and thought
i had got them all -- but will now double check!

I think these are artifacts from an import a while back that duplicated
the posts. :(

--ryanlerch