Fedora Council blog [was Re: New Magazine theme]

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:41:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 09:04 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I'm coming back _here_ because of this comment above — rather than
> setting up a completely new stand-alone instance and _definitely_
> doubling the workload, how would we go about creating this new site
> in
> a way that fits with what you're saying? (That is, who do I need to
> cajole into doing what, in order to make this a reality?)

You could either have a second site, or use the wp "multisite"
feature[1]? It just needs to be enabled, and it's simple enough iirc.
You then have a "network" of websites and the network admins can
install a set of plugins for the entire network and these can be
enabled/disabled in each site from site specific dashboards.

When I'd created a second site on my wp instance, though, the load on
the server increased quite a bit. That is something to be kept in
mind. (My hosting couldn't handle it and I've now fallen back to a
static pelican based site).

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
--
Thanks,