Fedora Atomic Web site

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 00:32:33 UTC 2015

Hey all,

Apologies for all the CC's but this spans a number of areas and I want
to make sure we're touching all the right lists. My main goal is to
reach out to the Websites team, but this also touches on marketing and
(of course) cloud.

As you might know, one of the changes for F23 is the two-week Atomic
release. This means the Fedora Atomic host will be on its own cycle and
not released in the same cadence as Fedora Cloud, Workstation, or Server.

We still want to tout the work we're doing here and make it easy for
folks to use and contribute to. Part of the proposal is to have a
separate "site" (or page) that promotes Atomic specifically - separately
from the Cloud edition.

So - a couple of questions:

- where should this page "live"? Should it be something like
fedoraproject.org/atomic,  atomic.fedoraproject.org, or
projectatomic.io/fedora? (Maybe all/some of the above via redirect magic?)

- Do folks on the websites team have time and interest to work on this
in this cycle?

If the answer to the second is "yes" - will any of y'all be at Flock to
discuss in person? If "no" I'd still appreciate feedback on your
thoughts about where said page should "live" -- and any other
considerations that you think are appropriate.

Thanks!

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS