Help us rebrand rawhide

Bryan Sutherland bryan.sutherland at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 22:46:36 UTC 2015

On Friday, August 14, 2015, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So, here at Flock, we're talking about improving Rawhide so it's much
> less likely to break (it will, for example, be always installable and
> always updatable).
>
> We took the "Rawhide eats babies" readme file away a long time ago,
> but it still has that reputation. So, the consensus in the room here is
> that we'd like a new name for a new, less scary devel tree.
>
> What should it be?
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org <javascript:;>>
> Fedora Project Leader

When I was thinking about this I visualize sand dunes, when each grain of
sand has the potential to progress to become a part of the next bigger
dune, Much like our users, volunteers, packagers and committers. It
represents a large constantly moving and changing landscape.

To that, I liken rawhide to be a test drive of (next next [next?]),
Fedora... So my idea is Dune Buggy. Something, fun and exciting and edgy.

$0.03 from a longtime Red Hat/Fedora user

Bryan