Help us rebrand rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 17 18:46:38 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 06:08:25AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >  This is the marketing list, and that's
> > the first thing around this for the marketing team to do. But this
> > isn't just a rebranding, and any name change would come _after_ actual
> > technical changes.
> In that case, if at all possible, don't (change the name), imho.  Rawhide
> has quite a history and legacy in the project, would be a shame to let it
> go easily.

Okay, I'm hearing this pretty strongly. :) Let me throw this out,
though:

We'll probably actually implement this by making it run in parallel to
existing Rawhide, so both will exist at the same time for a while. In
fact, Rawhide-as-it-is could continue to exist in parallel forever.
Does that change anything?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>