The future of Shotwell in Fedora

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:46:17 UTC 2015

=             Quick Summary               =
1) Why not both Magazine + CommBlog?
2) Magazine: Looking at other software
3) CommBlog: Contributors to give feedback

> The "call to action" angle might be something for
> communityblog.fedoraproject.org?

I think maybe this could be a double post of sorts for the Magazine and
the CommBlog?

For the Magazine, the article could have a focus on making users aware
of other software that is available as an alternative to Shotwell,
without necessarily saying the end is nigh for Shotwell. This way, users
can be informed about possible alternatives and they might actually find
something they like better anyways. This way, whenever Shotwell is faded
out, we can easily refer back to this article in the future and say,
"Here, look at these alternatives" too.

As for the CommBlog, there could be a shorter post for contributors
explaining that feedback is needed and this is the opportunity to help
shape an impact on the tool that is shipped by default with Fedora and
so on. The CommBlog article could also point to the Magazine article as
a reference for checking out alternatives.

This is my take on it, what do you all think?

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com