The future of Shotwell in Fedora

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:54:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:36:50PM -0500, charles profitt wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 16:27 -0500, Bryan Sutherland wrote:
> > I have to agree with Paul. Perhaps it would be good to angle it as
> > “With Shotwell being forked, it’s future in Fedora may be limited...
> > These {X number of} replacement options are vying for top spot...”
> >
> > It would be great to include Darktable in with the options as well as
> > it’s one of the most capable tools available to manage photos.
> >

> Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at it from a different angle
> when writing it - more of a call to action for contributors to give
> feedback. Let me look at the other angle and see how I can change the
> point of view and add a few more options that have not been mentioned
> in that mailing list discussion.

To be clear -- I would like to see the article focus more on helping
users choose something they like to use, as opposed to having hundreds
of people "drop in" to the list to give random opinions.  That can
break down the mailing list discussion value quickly.  I'd probably
drop the angle of the mailing list discussion except as a side note.