A Quarter of a Million

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:01:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:11:33AM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Yup!
>
> Congrats to all involved in the magazine this month -- we just had our first
> month over 250,000 pageviews. At the time of writing this email, we are
> sitting at 250,070 pageviews for the month of November so far, with a few
> days left in the month!
>
> Big thanks to all involved in the Magazine this month, the awesome release
> coverage, and the amazing ongoing systemd series, and all the other articles
> in between is what got us here.

Final count: 273,450 -- besting our goal of 250K.  Awesome!

Obviously it will be difficult to beat 250K again in December without
the additional driver of a release.  The May-June 2015 dip was from
just under 200K to about 146K page views.  It would be great if we
could manage 200K-220K this month, taking advantage of the time people
will hang out online over the holidays.

I don't think we want to post this number around our other social
media.  (It would be rather odd to see any other publication doing
that.)  But I do have an idea for encouraging more folks to get
involved with ideas and writing.

We have a graphic that Maria Leonova in the Design team put together
to encourage people in her office to submit ideas.  Maybe we could use
that graphic as an online CTA in various media where we link our
articles (FB, G+, Twitter)?