[Magazine] [Time Sensitive!] LetsEncrypt Article

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:02:41 UTC 2015

On 3 December 2015 at 02:40, Itamar <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 11:53 PM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > James Hogarth (jhogarth) whipped together a quick announcement about
> the LetsEncrypt public beta starting December 3rd, as well as a quick
> how-to on using it in Fedora (currently only Rawhide).
> >
> >     https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11100
> >
> > It would be awesome if we could try to get this article out on Friday
> since this will be a hot topic across the web and it could help get some
> good numbers for December too.
> >
> > Two things need to be done:
> >
> >   1) Another editing pass for content and readability
> >   2) Featured image
> >
> > I was going to wait until the meeting, but I figured it would be best
> if we could try to have it ready for approval at the meeting rather than
> try to finish the draft after the meeting. :)
> >

> there are a pending review of LetsEncrypt why not wait a bit more and
> publish this after we have LetsEncrypt packaged for fedora ?

The open beta is at 18:00 UTC today (and all the associated PR to go with
it).

The earliest that this can arrive in a Fedora Rawhide compose will be some
time Saturday given it need python2-acme 1.0.1 (which should end up in the
rawhide compose tomorrow), an approval from a packager and then a compose
the following day after that.

At this time I'm reluctant to give any probability of a F23 build due to
the dependencies we've had to go through.

That essentially means a Fedora Magazine published on Sunday night/Monday
missing the PR wave and it would still only be applicable for those testing
a pre-alpha rawhide ...