Introduction : New contributor request

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 02:49:54 UTC 2015

On 12/05/2015 09:25 PM, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> Hello, my name is Sylvia Sánchez, I'm from Uruguay, South America, I
> work as translator, writer and designer, and I want to contribute to
> Fedora writing articles on Fedora Magazine.
> Hope to be accepted.
> Cheers,
> Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Welcome to the Marketing mailing list! Glad to have you aboard. :) We're
definitely always glad to have more writers join us for the Magazine!

Either Paul, Ryan, or another administrator will be able to promote your
account to a contributor so you will be able to start drafting articles
in the Magazine.

In the meanwhile, it will be good to go ahead and familiarize yourself
with the process behind drafting an article in the Magazine. It's also
documented in this article...

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

...but in short, it can be summarized to this:

    1) Draft pitch (https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/)
    2) Get pitch approved on mailing list or in weekly meeting
    3) Begin writing article
    4) Once finished drafting, get article approved
    5) If approved, it is scheduled and published!

You could probably start preparing a few ideas to publish as pitches
once you have contributor status in the Magazine. I remember you
mentioning you've logged in before to the Magazine already, so as you
probably know, it's just a WordPress instance, so formatting (for the
pitch) won't be too important.

I'm glad we got you on the list now - looking forward to working with
you on some articles!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory