[Magazine] Editorial board meeting recap 2015-Dec-10

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:57:56 UTC 2015

Minutes:        http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-12-10/magazine.2015-12-10-22.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-12-10/magazine.2015-12-10-22.00.txt
Log:            http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-12-10/magazine.2015-12-10-22.00.log.html

* * *
#fedora-meeting: Magazine editorial board

Meeting started by stickster at 22:00:55 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-12-10/magazine.2015-12-10-22.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call!  (stickster, 22:01:02)

* weekly review  (stickster, 22:05:53)
  * So far we have about 55K views in December. That's on day 10 -- so
    we need to ramp up a little if we're going to hit 200K for the month
    (stickster, 22:08:41)

* Week ahead  (stickster, 22:09:06)
  * AGREED: Publish Mumble article tomorrow, and schedule Picard for
    next Friday  (stickster, 22:13:07)
  * Next week: Tue Dec 15 - nuntius (Ryan), Wed Dec 16 - systemd
    (stickster), Thu Dec 17 - HDYF (cprofitt), Fri Dec 18? - Picard
    (Justin)  (stickster, 22:14:17)
  * systemd series, part 8 -- remote logging  (jflory7, 22:17:09)
  * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10349   (jflory7, 22:17:11)
  * stickster writing systemd part 8, tentatively the end of the series
    - new ideas welcome!  (jflory7, 22:19:00)

* Holiday schedule  (stickster, 22:21:55)
  * stickster will not be around for meetings either Dec-24 or Dec-31
    (stickster, 22:22:38)
  * AGREED: Move Picard to Tue Dec 22 instead, so we have more queue
    built up  (stickster, 22:24:07)
  * Ignore earlier #info on schedule from "next week" topic  (stickster,
    22:35:10)
  * Revised schedule: Mon Dec 14 - LetsEncrypt; Wed Dec 16 - systemd;
    Fri Dec 18 - nuntius; Mon Dec 21 - Picard; Wed Dec 23 - Cinnamon;
    Thu Dec 24 - Varnish  (stickster, 22:38:13)
  * ACTION: ryanlerch get featured images ready for all remaining posts
    for Dec 14 - Dec 31  (stickster, 22:44:09)
  * We don't have a solid schedule for Dec 28-31 yet :-( but hope that
    puiterwijk + cprofitt will come up with things  (stickster,
    22:45:51)
  * ACTION: jflory7 handling publishing during the holiday weeks
    (jflory7, 22:47:34)

* Open floor  (stickster, 22:49:36)
  * jflory7 will be unavailable from now until 12-17-2015  (jflory7,
    22:50:08)
  * ryanlerch and stickster will handle editing duty until handoff
    2015-Dec-18  (stickster, 22:52:14)

Meeting ended at 22:55:31 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* ryanlerch get featured images ready for all remaining posts for Dec 14
  - Dec 31
* jflory7 handling publishing during the holiday weeks

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jflory7
  * jflory7 handling publishing during the holiday weeks
* ryanlerch
  * ryanlerch get featured images ready for all remaining posts for Dec
    14 - Dec 31
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)