Fwd: FAmSCo -> FOSCo

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 14:50:05 UTC 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: FAmSCo -> FOSCo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:45:35 +0100
From: Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com>
To: ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org
CC: Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee
<famsco at lists.fedoraproject.org>, outreach at lists.fedoraproject.org

Hi,
recently FAmSCo has agreed that a new governance body should be created
to better reflect the current changes in the Project and to meet today's
needs. The new body should replace FAmSCo, and extend its scope to other
outreach teams such as the design and marketing teams.

We've also agreed that it doesn't make much sense to organize elections
to a body that is going to cease to exist in a couple of months and
we're asking the Council as a higher authority to extend our mandate
till F22 [1], so that we have enough time to figure out a new governance
model for the outreach part of the Project and finish the transition
from FAmSCo to the new body (FOSCo). New elections should be organized
to the new body after F22 when everything is set.

You can participate in the discussion about what the new body should
look like in the ticket [2].

Jiri

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/20
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/373