Fedora Magazine Maintence

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 13:57:52 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Personally, I would rather not see the magazine inundated with FESCo
> candidate interviews.  Here's what I would suggest instead:
>
> (1) Publish all the interviews on wiki pages in whatever way you think
> works best.  One per page makes sense if they are fairly long.
>
> (2) Publish a single article on Fedora Magazine pointing to the
> interviews.
>
> The Magazine needs to be primarily reaching out to people outside the
> Fedora community.  Focusing so much content on something that doesn't
> concern the majority of readers, who are Fedora users and not
> community voters, is probably not effective at attracting people to
> the Magazine.

Well, it was actually the main idea behind doing Magazine interviews
when we came with it for Council - to open up how we do Fedora for
general public, to introduce people to general community who works on
Fedora...

But I think after standalone Council and FESCo elections, it's not going
to be possible anymore this way. Council was 5 interviews, FESCo is now
five interviews. And if you add FOSCo next time - it would be just a
spam on Magazine, nothing more. So these were special times, for the
next time, we have to think about something different - probably what
you described above.

So I'd like to see non-elections interviews in the future happening
more often on Magazine.

Jaroslav