Takeaways from the yesterday's status meeting

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 13:30:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

We had a marketing team meeting yesterday - well, Gabri and I basically
went through the list of things we're supposed to do and checked where
we were with them. It probably comes under the "Marketing
Retrospective" item in the task list. I'm summarising them here so that
everyone is in the loop. Please do read the complete logs that were
sent to the list (along with the meeting minutes list):

1.
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-22/f-22-marketing-tasks.html
- there seem to be quite a few tasks here that we haven't undertaken
for a few releases now. Should we go through this list and see what is
to be done and what, if need be, should be removed for F23? Also note
that the tasks do not mention fedoramagazine at all, so some change is
probably required there.

Things that we haven't done (yet):
a. Proposed Changes Profiles - not really sure when this was done last.

b. Brief Ambassadors on upcoming release - I don't think this was done
for F21 or before, but it can be done  - there is still time for this
yet - major events haven't yet started.

c. Update and freeze the screenshots page - I created a wiki page but
we didn't actually put up any screenshots. I'll update it this week.
The question is - is this wiki page required, what is the purpose of
this page?

d. Marketing: Final One Page Release Notes - the last time this was
done seems to be for F15 (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:One_page_release_notes). There
is a SOP though and this can still be done for F22.

e. Brief news distribution network - I have no idea if this has ever
been done. Does any one know? What is our distribution network, for
example? Does this mean social media?

f. Monitor news sites to provide corrections & info - we do passively
do this.

g. Create Talking Points.

Note that a few of the items here seem to be for the community to
consume - which we are responsible for in a way. Some of these are
overlapping with docs already, like the release notes and things, but
the ambassador focussed part is ours mostly.

2. Trac tickets:
I had created tickets for a majority of the tasks above so I'm not
mentioning them again. The rest:

a. Flyers for cloud/server - these would be really good for events -
should we get in touch with the two WGs and see if someone would like
to provide the text for them? (I'm doing the workstation flyer)

b. https on the magazine - there are two tickets about this.

3. Other ideas.
One of the tickets mentioned a "Press centre" like the one mozilla has:

https://blog.mozilla.org/press/
This is basically a page where the marketing team can put up things to
be consumed by the rest of the community - news/artwork/press releases
and so on. What do people feel about a press.fedoraproject.org page?
Something like this:
https://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/press.fp.o/press.fp.o-mockup.png ?
It's based on start.fp.o and shouldn't be too difficult to set up. I
could do it and submit a git patch to the websites team.

4. Metrics - we know the numbers for the magazine, but someone needs to
see what we else can we get out of there.

Thoughts?
--
Thanks,
Regards,