Introduction mail [Anisha Narang] /regarding review post for fedora magazine

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:28:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Pravin Satpute
<pravins at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Monday 02 March 2015 01:10 PM, Kushal Das wrote:
>> It is a good idea to post unique things to Fedora Magazine. That
>> means, your post on the magazine should not be a direct copy-paste of
>> the same text which is in someplace else.
>>
>> As for the post content, please try to bring in new points to the post
>> than the old ones about the same topic.
>
> But sometime contents of post are urgent/timely. So i think there is no
> harm in publishing @ multiple places. Though it will affect in
> distribution of readers.

I don't see how urgency would warrant such duplication, maybe you
could explain?  In any case, I don't see the urgency in the post in
question either.  Not only is it a duplicate of a blog post, the
content is also duplicate in concept to the earlier magazine article
that originally announced the CfP.  The latter is specific to the Pune
FUDCon, so is probably worth discussing in the FUDCon planning meeting
tomorrow instead of on list.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in