New Magazine theme

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 10 23:04:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 05:55:39PM -0400, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> >It does.  One of my concerns has been the invasion of inward-looking
> >Fedora community articles, which seem out of place for appealing to a
> >broad audience.  (e.g. "What's FESCo?")  At first the idea of a
> >separate site appeals to me.
> I really like this idea. It would allow us to have select content
> about the community on the user-facing site, with a link to the post
> on the community-focussed site.

So, what I was going for in suggesting the user/contributor categories
kind of _is_ like having a mini separate site, like this suggestion but
with a lot less overhead both in systems administration and in blog
administration. A whole 'nother site would double the workload, and
we're largely depending on (awesome — thanks!) volunteer efforts for
this as it is.

I'm also concerned with too strong of a divide meaning that the
important contributor-focused articles end up in yet another
underground silo somewhere... we've had a hard enough time building up
the magazine as a place to look.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>