Will people be grumpy if I include Mac OS X instructions?

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 19:53:44 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 03:22 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Question - I'm wondering if folks are likely to be grumpy en masse if I include instructions targeted to Mac OS X users for a post on Fedora Magazine?
>
> Context:  We're producing two kinds of Vagrant boxes for Fedora 22 Atomic - KVM/libvirt and VirtualBox. The VirtualBox images are most likely to be consumed by Vagrant users on Mac OS X and Windows. That's a Good Thing(TM) if we have devs on Mac OS X/Windows spinning up Fedora for their Docker work/testing.
>
> But it feels slightly weird writing a howto that includes Mac instructions for Fedora Magazine. Thoughts? Hope I'm just being over-sensitive.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
I think it is well within the scope of the magazine to include the
instructions in this context. It would be slightly different if writing
up instructions to, say describe how to install inkscape on OSX in the
magazine.

To me, the proposed instructions are similar to describing how to copy
the Fedora ISO to a USB on Windows or OSX -- which would be entirely ok
on the magazine too, IMHO.

--ryanlerch