Will people be grumpy if I include Mac OS X instructions?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 08:22:11 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/16/2015 03:22 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Question - I'm wondering if folks are likely to be grumpy en masse if I
> > include instructions targeted to Mac OS X users for a post on Fedora
> > Magazine?
> >
> > Context:  We're producing two kinds of Vagrant boxes for Fedora 22 Atomic -
> > KVM/libvirt and VirtualBox. The VirtualBox images are most likely to be
> > consumed by Vagrant users on Mac OS X and Windows. That's a Good Thing(TM)
> > if we have devs on Mac OS X/Windows spinning up Fedora for their Docker
> > work/testing.
> >
> > But it feels slightly weird writing a howto that includes Mac instructions
> > for Fedora Magazine. Thoughts? Hope I'm just being over-sensitive.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > jzb
> I think it is well within the scope of the magazine to include the
> instructions in this context. It would be slightly different if writing
> up instructions to, say describe how to install inkscape on OSX in the
> magazine.
>
> To me, the proposed instructions are similar to describing how to copy
> the Fedora ISO to a USB on Windows or OSX -- which would be entirely ok
> on the magazine too, IMHO.

And actually, this could be a great article in the magazine! Something I
feel folks struggle with.

Joe, I'd say go ahead. It's a nice way how to spread our technology to
other developers not on Fedora. One thing I'd like to ask is - please,
add some Vagrant for beginners part aka what Vagrant is and how it can
be used.

Jaroslav