Magazine workflow

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 18:57:52 UTC 2015

Currently, we are using a pretty stock wordpress when it comes to
editing workflow. However for a larger multi-writer / editor blog like
we have going in the magazine, it is not really working.

WE have a bunch of posts in the Pending state, some that are now a
little out-of-date to post, mainly because no-one knew they were written.

Another issue is providing editiorial feedback to writers -- we tried to
work around this with filing trac tickets, but that isn't really working.

Long story short, I have been looking at the editflow plugin[1] to try
to streamline some of this, and make our publishing workflow a lot
better. Check it out, and i should have some details on how we will use
this soon.

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] - https://wordpress.org/plugins/edit-flow/