Turning off List Subscription?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:14:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 10:42 -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> For whatever reason, we're seeing a fair number of complaints that
> people are being spammed by subscription requests. It looks like
> there's
> some sort of script hitting a number of mailman installations and
> sending subscribe requests for a variety of email addresses.

I don't think we can do much about this. If it's possible, maybe add a
message to the subscription confirmation e-mail that says:

"If you did not request to subscribe to this mailing list, it's probably
a spam bot that is submitting your e-mail address to different mailing
lists. Please disregard this e-mail and keep an eye on where you give
out your e-mail address."

I see an old thread upstream that discusses the issue, but I didn't see
a solution. A suggested solution is to set up iptables filters and
things like spamassassin, but we'll have to speak to the infra team
about that.
--
Thanks,
Regards,