Turning off List Subscription?

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 18:10:42 UTC 2015

On 03/23/2015 12:26 PM, beta tester wrote:

> If they dont want let them unsubscribe theres not much that can actually
> be done.

They're not subscribed. There's some bot or something that's
auto-filling the form to request a subscription - so they don't actually
subscribe, they just get the confirmation.

Problem is, it looks like anybody getting this from us is also getting
sent to a bunch of other mailman lists - so the effect is a bunch of
(what seems to them to be) spam.

The other reason I think we might consider turning this off for a while
- if enough people are getting this, it means there's some percentage
just clicking some variation of "mark as spam" -- which could result in
traffic from our lists getting a higher spam score.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst