Turning off List Subscription?

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 20:27:25 UTC 2015

On 03/23/2015 04:19 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> So it looks like someone has decided to use a botnet to subscribe 4000+
> addresses to marketing over and over again. The ips are all over the
> world so it is not going to be easy to block so I am guessing it will be
> best to turn off subscribe until we can find a better solution. This
> might be multiple ones as someone seems to be doing every person in
> @qq.com <http://qq.com> and another set is doing other email sites.

Well, that's it. They're definitely off my Christmas card list.

Hmmm. After looking, I'm wondering if we can turn off subscriptions via
the Mailman interface. The Googles suggest you have to remove the
page(?!) entirely.

Anybody with stronger Mailman-fu know how to shut off the firehose?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst