recycling "Fedora Insight" name?

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Wed May 6 23:12:08 UTC 2015

http://fedoramagazine.org/lets-talk-about-fedora-project-objectives/>,

> > > I guess I'm unfamiliar w/the Insight history. News seems fine, and
"what
> > > we're doing / working on that will soon affect you" does fit under the
> > > "news" category.
> >
> > I don't think it's as much a negative association per se as a name
> > with history attached that would confuse people.  It was a project
> > that fizzled, so to reuse the name would be confusing about how this
> > new site came about.  -1 Insight for me too.
>
> And... just so I can contribute something useful and constructive, :-)
> I think what would make great sense is calling this site "Fedora
> News."
>
> Lest anyone think this is too generic, the madness hath method!  The
> kind of information we are proposing go into the site is *precisely*
> that which used to be covered by Fedora Weekly News.  We're basically
> removing the "Weekly" in name as well as concept.  And perhaps you
> could visit it at news.fp.o -- which makes sense not only for naming
> but because it is the news of the project itself.
>
> If you think of these companion sites in terms of movies -- which
> everyone should know by now I love -- Fedora Magazine is a lot like
> Empire, and Fedora News is a lot like Variety.  You read the first
> because you love going to movies and dipping into more about them.
> You read the second because you're in the business of making movies,
> and you need to know things like what studio exec just hopped jobs, or
> that the Writers Guild is bucking for more benefits.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields

I recall that Fedora Magazine once had sections.  A section for users and a
section for contributors makes more sense to me than spinning up a whole
new site.  Users might be interested in content in either scope, and we
want them to *become* contributors.  It strikes me as more inclusive to
make all the content available in one place, anyway, but not necessarily on
the same pages.

--Pete