Disseminating information about F22 containing some F21 packages

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:03:51 UTC 2015

Hi Ryan!

On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 10:14 +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I saw it in the pending queue this morning.
>
> I just added a little bit to the front of the article to explain the
> issue a bit more.

Thanks - that certainly improves the post :)

> One thing that might be good to add to it would be maybe a link to
> the mailing list post / wiki article that explains the decision to
> not mass rebuild. That might be of use to our more curious readers.
> However, i couldnt find the mailing list post or wiki article (if it
> exists, i dont know :) )

I did find something, but I'm not too sure if it's worth including:

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1349

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-22-No-Mass
-Rebuild

I think it's too much detail and will require us to explain the fesco
ticket and things. I think saying "there just wasn't time on the
schedule" is better, especially since the target audience here is the
end-user. What do you think?

> Moved it back to draft status for you to double check my changes --
> feel free to remove them if you want :)
>
> this post is probably good to be posted after the release
> announcement goes out too IMHO.

I've moved the post back to the review queue. Do we have a wp-scheduler
thing? You could just mark it to be published later, maybe a few hours
after the release, and forget about it :)
--
Thanks,
Regards,