Spectator sport piece is in drafts

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:23:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:31:53PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> A bit behind schedule, but I've put up the "spectator sport" piece in
> drafts. I can push it live tonight or tomorrow, but I don't have a cover
> image - and am totally lacking ideas. :-/ Do we have a generic image
> that would be appropriate?

Joe -- I had an idea of a crowd watching something, with a "no" symbol
on it.  For example, a 50s style stock photo of a theater audience
with 3D glasses, looking past us.  That would have the "no" symbol on
top of it, so the red circle basically defines the edge of the photo.
Then with those things placed on a template background.

Alternately, you could just go with the photo, and some text overlaid
that says "Marketing is not a spectator sport."

Sorry I didn't see this until just now.  I was flat out all day
between the scheduled posts and trying to keep up with a couple other
work projects.  I really do want to see this go out; is it going to be
a Really Bad Thing(tm) from your POV if it doesn't happen until
tomorrow?