Spam Queue on Fedora Magazine

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 01:47:28 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 08:27 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just a heads up that we frequently have legitimate comments in the Spam
> queue on the Magazine. So if you have the ability to moderate this
> queue, please never click the "Empty Spam" button.
>
> I have noticed that legitimate comments that appear in the Spam folder
> seem to always be marked in the spam folder as "Cleared by Akismet" --
> not sure why, if they are cleared by akismet, they are still in the spam
> folder. But all i have been doing to clear the queue, is:
>
> 1. Open the spam folder, and search for "Cleared" on the page with the
> find in page function of my web browser.
> 2. Review the comments, and mark any legitimate comments as not spam.
> 3. select all the remaining comments in the page, and delete them
> 4. repeat for all the other pages of spam comments
>
> Note too that marking a comment as not spam only puts it back in the
> normal comments pending queue, so you will need to go there to finally
> approve the comment to get it viewable on the site.
>
> cheers,
> ryanlerch

Ahh - this is actually news to me, I wasn't poking around in the spam
moderation queue to look to unmark comments as spam. I've only been
watching for new, pending comments. I'll make sure to review the spam
queue as well when I'm idling in the WP portal.

Thanks for the FYI, I had no idea this was there. Noted!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com