Magazine editorial board recap 2015-Nov-12

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:07:14 UTC 2015

Minutes:        http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-11-12/magazine.2015-11-12-22.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-11-12/magazine.2015-11-12-22.00.txt
Log:            http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-11-12/magazine.2015-11-12-22.00.log.html

* * *
#fedora-meeting: Magazine editorial board

Meeting started by stickster at 22:00:12 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-11-12/magazine.2015-11-12-22.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (stickster, 22:00:18)

* Review from last week  (stickster, 22:05:02)
  * Suffice it to say: Record week last week; successful
    communityblog.fp.o launch; plenty of articles on deck  (stickster,
    22:05:59)
  * puiterwijk fixed our post scheduling issue -- so that works like
    gangbusters now too  (stickster, 22:07:30)
  * stickster is going to violate the agenda on the wiki because he's
    not sure it's working out optimally, let's see if this works a
    little better  (stickster, 22:08:31)

* Next week's publishing schedule  (stickster, 22:08:47)
  * ACTION: jflory7 move planet post to commblog and publish as soon as
    ready  (stickster, 22:17:17)
  * LINK: fedoramagazine.org/?p=10849&preview=true   (ryanlerch,
    22:21:18)
  * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10849&preview=true   (decause,
    22:22:28)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lailah   (ryanlerch,
    22:22:38)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lailah   (stickster,
    22:22:45)
  * ACTION: ryanlerch contact Cinnamon team and work with them to draft
    an article, hopefully before next meeting  (stickster, 22:25:58)
  * ACTION: decause draft F21 EOL article due no later than Mon
    2015-Nov-16, publish ASAP afterward  (stickster, 22:30:06)
  * ACTION: decause migrate F21 EoL post from CommBlog to Magazine, and
    create a CommBlog link x-post pointing to Magazine. Due 11/16
    (decause, 22:37:36)
  * AGREED: puiterwijk varnish article should go forth with all due
    haste :-D  (stickster, 22:43:57)
  * ACTION: jflory7 write up pointer article on Magazine for full Python
    3 vFAD article on CommBlog tonight (publish in the morning)
    (jflory7, 22:46:46)
  * ACTION: decause/bee2502 follow-up with jkuirk about elections
    interviews for CommBlog  (decause, 22:47:15)

* Open floor  (stickster, 22:49:33)
  * ACTION: ryanlerch stir up thread with pravins on the list and we
    should see if it's something we can reasonably do before F24
    (stickster, 22:59:07)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/157   (jflory7,
    22:59:42)

Meeting ended at 23:05:21 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* jflory7 move planet post to commblog and publish as soon as ready
* ryanlerch contact Cinnamon team and work with them to draft an
  article, hopefully before next meeting
* decause draft F21 EOL article due no later than Mon 2015-Nov-16,
  publish ASAP afterward
* decause migrate F21 EoL post from CommBlog to Magazine, and create a
  CommBlog link x-post pointing to Magazine. Due 11/16
* jflory7 write up pointer article on Magazine for full Python 3 vFAD
  article on CommBlog tonight (publish in the morning)
* decause/bee2502 follow-up with jkuirk about elections interviews for
  CommBlog
* ryanlerch stir up thread with pravins on the list and we should see if
  it's something we can reasonably do before F24

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* decause
  * decause draft F21 EOL article due no later than Mon 2015-Nov-16,
    publish ASAP afterward
  * decause migrate F21 EoL post from CommBlog to Magazine, and create a
    CommBlog link x-post pointing to Magazine. Due 11/16
  * decause/bee2502 follow-up with jkuirk about elections interviews for
    CommBlog
* jflory7
  * jflory7 move planet post to commblog and publish as soon as ready
  * jflory7 write up pointer article on Magazine for full Python 3 vFAD
    article on CommBlog tonight (publish in the morning)
* ryanlerch
  * ryanlerch contact Cinnamon team and work with them to draft an
    article, hopefully before next meeting
  * ryanlerch stir up thread with pravins on the list and we should see
    if it's something we can reasonably do before F24
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* stickster (125)