'Let's test Wayland' article

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:13:05 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:22:48PM +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Hi,
> we in the desktop team would like to make the final push towards
> Wayland in F24 and for that we need as much test coverage and user
> feedback in F23 as possible.
> We're planning to backport the latest Wayland support to F23 so that
> users don't have to run Rawhide and we cooperate with the Fedora QA
> team to provide users with tutorials how to debug Wayland issues and
> write useful reports.
>
> I'd like to write an article about it for Fedora Magazine to reach as
> many users as possible. Do you think it'd be a good fit for the
> Magazine?

I would like to encourage more public testing here, especially since
the alternative is a lot of complaints at F24 release we could have
seen and handled in advance.  So I'm +1 for this article.  It should
include:

* Screenshots showing how to change the session to Wayland
* Pointer to tutorials Jiří mentions on how to debug and report issues
* Reminder about how to switch back in the event of a disaster :-)