'Let's test Wayland' article

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:13:25 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 11:13 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:22:48PM +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>> we in the desktop team would like to make the final push towards
>> Wayland in F24 and for that we need as much test coverage and user
>> feedback in F23 as possible.
>> We're planning to backport the latest Wayland support to F23 so that
>> users don't have to run Rawhide and we cooperate with the Fedora QA
>> team to provide users with tutorials how to debug Wayland issues and
>> write useful reports.
>>
>> I'd like to write an article about it for Fedora Magazine to reach as
>> many users as possible. Do you think it'd be a good fit for the
>> Magazine?
>
> I would like to encourage more public testing here, especially since
> the alternative is a lot of complaints at F24 release we could have
> seen and handled in advance.  So I'm +1 for this article.  It should
> include:
>
> * Screenshots showing how to change the session to Wayland
> * Pointer to tutorials Jiří mentions on how to debug and report issues
> * Reminder about how to switch back in the event of a disaster :-)

This gets a +1 from me as well for the same reasons mentioned above.
Also, it definitely can't hurt to have a pointer article on the
Community Blog referring to the Magazine when the draft is published - I
definitely think this is something of interest to the contributor community.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com