[Magazine] Reminder about post status

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:41:53 UTC 2015

I wanted to remind people how to use status settings for posts on the
Fedora Magazine:

1. Pitch -- this is for an idea where no draft has been done yet.  If
you take a pitch and start working on it, set yourself as the author,
and move to Draft status.

2. Draft -- this is for drafts in progress.  When the author is
finished with the draft and thinks it's ready for review, move to
Pending Review status.

3. Pending Review -- this is for an article that needs to have
editorial & featured image completed.  (It might be better to call
this "Pending," but meh.)

We also have "Holding Pen," which is for pitches that we don't want to
publish, but which might be adapted somehow later.  That way we don't
keep looking at the same moldy, unapproved pitches repeatedly.

When an article is finished, it can be scheduled based on our meeting
notes.  Just set a date/time, remembering that early morning UTC time
(around 0300-0400) is optimal.  This means we get maximum number of
people around the world awake when we publish.