Re: [proposal] Profile Series – Who is Fedora?

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:16:31 UTC 2015

Quick Summary
1) Profile / Interviews: Yeah, let's reboot this!
2) Better for Magazine, not CommBlog
3) Questions: Good, add Fedora usage questions too (user experience)
4) Plan: Add new questions, begin polling contributors for new articles?

On 11/22/2015 08:55 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> On 11/23/2015 11:52 AM, charles profitt wrote:
>> link:https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10972&preview=true
>>
>> Please let me know what your thoughts are.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> Hi Charles!
>
> we have done something very similar to this in the past with the How do
> you Fedora? series:
>
> https://fedoramagazine.org/maria-leandro-how-do-you-fedora/

I think this is a good discussion to have - Ryan and I talked earlier
this month about rebooting the series as well.

Firstly, I mentioned a while ago somewhere that I wasn't sure if this
would be most appropriate for the Magazine or maybe the Community Blog
(being like a community hub). However, I personally came to the
conclusion that I think these articles targeted towards interviewing
Fedora contributors isn't exclusively in the interest of the contributor
community, and I think even regular users who aren't involved as
contributors will enjoy a series about seeing how some Fedora "regulars"
use the distro, and maybe learn a few tips and tricks about customizing
their environment or getting involved with the Project. So, yes, I think
Magazine is most appropriate for these!

Secondly, I definitely think popping some drafts up there is a good
idea. I'm all for continuing this under the "How do you Fedora?"
namesake since we still have that as a category in the Magazine. In
terms of the proposed questions, I like them, but I also think it's a
good idea to include some targeted questions towards how contributors
use Fedora too - even before I was involved, I remember reading these
articles and finding it interesting how the "experts" were using Fedora.
I think adding some of those questions into the mix of Project-focused
questions is a good idea.

Any other thoughts on this?

--
Cheers,