Systemd series -- need writers!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:50:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 09:10:17PM +0000, Bryan Sutherland wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 16:47 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So sorry to be late on this.  There's a systemd series in the works
> > that we'd like to get people to start working on.  Anyone interested
> > in writing one of these?  This is a great opportunity to get involved
> > even if you are more of a techie type, and don't want to have to
> > figure out a topic on your own.  We've done it for you! :-)
> >
> > If interested, just reply here on the list.  Feel free to reach out to
> > community friends if you know someone who'd be interested, and get
> > them in touch with us.
> >
> > * * *
> >
> > systemd part 1: What is a unit file? What kind of things can it do?
> > Where should I modify or put new unit files on my system? How can I
> > find out what unit owns a process now running? How can I really kill
> > all processes for a unit?
> >
> > systemd part 2: What are unit dependencies? How can you enforce
> > ordering of e.g. daemons or one-shot launches? How does this concept
> > lend to faster boot times?
> >
> > systemd part 3: How can I more effectively use the systemd journal to
> > find and diagnose problems? [bound by time, by unit, since last boot,
> > other?...]
>
> Heya,
> You can mark me down for parts 1, 2 and 3
>
> Cheers
> Bryan

That sounds awesome Bryan.  If you wanted to start with part 1, do you
think you could draft something by next Tuesday 2015-Oct-13?

You can meet up with us on IRC Freenode #fedora-mktg for some help
getting started.  Here are some helpful hints:

http://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

(It looks like you're partway through step 3 already.  See one of us
on IRC with your username so we can make you an Author.)