getfedora.org tagline change proposal

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 16:48:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:23:34PM +0000, Chaoyi Zha wrote:
> @mattdm: We could possibly go with "one OS for the workstation, server, and
> cloud", while explaining the use cases in more detail in the subtext below.
> I don't think extending the tagline with our use cases embedded in them
> would create a succinct statement, but I absolutely think we should try to
> appeal to newer users by avoiding "distribution" :)

I'm definitely in favor of refreshing it. And I'm not unhappy with that
suggestion, but I wonder if "oneness" is the aspect we want to be
pushing.

   "The best OS for..."?

   "Leading-edge innovation for..."

   "Solve your problems with Fedora... something something."

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>