Self-Introduction: Justin W. Flory

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:38:49 UTC 2015

Il giorno mer, 14/10/2015 alle 15.48 -0400, Justin W. Flory ha scritto:
> Hello all,

Hello Justin!

> I was going through the wiki for joining the marketing group, and
> realized that I never formally introduced myself to the list,
> although
> I've been posting intermittently for Fedora Magazine / other misc.
> things. So I figured better late than never.

No problem, each one can contribute also without any introduction. It's
required only in the joining process.

I saw you posts in the magazine; good job! Thank you very much

[cut]

> This is my first marketing project that I've wanted to participate
> with,
> and I do not have a formal background in marketing, but it is an area
> that interests me greatly as I think it's one of the most important
> aspects of any project, especially in open-source.

There's no need to have background or specific skills, no worries.

> The skills that I hope to be able to utilize in the Fedora Marketing
> group are:
> - Content Creation (Fedora Magazine, Fedora Planet, etc.)
> - University Outreach Initiative (and assisting with any projects /
> planning for that initiative if possible)
> - I'm also very open to learning new things and acquiring new skills,
> particularly in terms of marketing in an open-source project

Cool, I think you don't need any explanation about the content
creation, so if you wanna know more about the world around the
magazine, please refer to these pages [1][2]

I see you already joined our IRC channel, so nothing else to say except
that we have a ticketing system for assign tasks [3], feel free to file
a ticket for requests.

At the moment we're working on the tasks in order to be ready for the
next fedora release [4].

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something important, but if you have any
question, you can ask in the IRC channel.

[cut]

>  I'm very interested in working with someone to
> organize events not only at RIT, but possibly at other schools in the
> area.
>
> On that note, I haven't been able to find any official planning area
> for
> work being done on this Initiative, so I was also curious to where
> planning or discussion is mostly happening for this initiative.
>
> I am very happy to be a part of this awesome project and the
> community
> that surrounds it. I'm tired of sitting around in the sidelines and I
> want to have an active role with helping Fedora to the best of my
> abilities. I'm looking forward to working with this group in the near
> and long-term future!

One of the marketing tasks is to work with ambassadors; being
ambassador allows you to organize events, in accordance with your
region.

Welcome on board Justin!

See you soon.

Gabri