Magazine editorial board meeting recap 2015-Oct-15

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:05:16 UTC 2015

Minutes:        http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-10-15/magazine.2015-10-15-21.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-10-15/magazine.2015-10-15-21.00.txt
Log:            http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-10-15/magazine.2015-10-15-21.00.log.html

* * *
#fedora-meeting: Magazine editorial board

Meeting started by stickster at 21:00:05 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-10-15/magazine.2015-10-15-21.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call!  (stickster, 21:00:10)

* Last week's publishing  (stickster, 21:04:49)

* Pitch votes  (stickster, 21:11:41)
  * LINK:
    http://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/edit.php?post_status=pitch&orderby=date&order=asc
    (stickster, 21:11:42)
  * AGREED: weekly cadence for systemd makes sense... lots of these are
    in pitch status right now, depends on first article date
    (stickster, 21:17:35)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoramagazine-rlerch.rhcloud.com/2015/10/09/systemd-article-1/
    (ryanlerch, 21:18:45)
  * When will we kick off the series by publishing the first article?
    (stickster, 21:31:44)
  * AGREED: First systemd article to publish Wed 2015-Oct-21, this will
    determine weekly cadence for following drafts/publication
    (stickster, 21:41:33)
  * ACTION: stickster Mark up articles with appropriate deadlines so we
    can see them in the calendar each week now!  (stickster, 21:41:52)
  * Using ZNC  (stickster, 21:43:44)
  * LINK: http://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10322&preview=true   (stickster,
    21:43:45)
  * ACTION: jflory7 Set due dates for articles: ZNC 2015-Oct-22, OpenVPN
    2015-Nov-05  (stickster, 21:52:27)
  * ACTION: jflory7 Move ZNC article to "draft" status too :-)
    (stickster, 21:52:43)
  * systemd article on remote logging -- a cool feature!  (stickster,
    21:53:16)
  * LINK: http://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10349&preview=true   (stickster,
    21:53:22)
  * AGREED: stickster will write this one, set the due date at the end
    of the series per normal  (stickster, 21:58:28)
  * ACTION: stickster move to draft status along with any other assigned
    systemd articles  (stickster, 21:58:50)

* COMBINED: Drafts/Review articles up for pub  (stickster, 22:01:26)
  * ACTION: stickster edit G11n article on Fri 2015-Oct-16 for
    publication Tue 2015-Oct-20  (stickster, 22:02:20)
  * ACTION: ryanlerch to recycle code for terminals post, and/or locate
    a newsie article for Thu 2015-Oct-22  (stickster, 22:02:48)
  * ALL FOLKS: keep an eye on news feeds and post ideas to the list for
    quick "newsie" articles  (stickster, 22:03:49)

Meeting ended at 22:04:07 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* stickster Mark up articles with appropriate deadlines so we can see
  them in the calendar each week now!
* jflory7 Set due dates for articles: ZNC 2015-Oct-22, OpenVPN
  2015-Nov-05
* jflory7 Move ZNC article to "draft" status too :-)
* stickster move to draft status along with any other assigned systemd
  articles
* stickster edit G11n article on Fri 2015-Oct-16 for publication Tue
  2015-Oct-20
* ryanlerch to recycle code for terminals post, and/or locate a newsie
  article for Thu 2015-Oct-22

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jflory7
  * jflory7 Set due dates for articles: ZNC 2015-Oct-22, OpenVPN
    2015-Nov-05
  * jflory7 Move ZNC article to "draft" status too :-)
* ryanlerch
  * ryanlerch to recycle code for terminals post, and/or locate a newsie
    article for Thu 2015-Oct-22
* stickster
  * stickster Mark up articles with appropriate deadlines so we can see
    them in the calendar each week now!
  * stickster move to draft status along with any other assigned systemd
    articles
  * stickster edit G11n article on Fri 2015-Oct-16 for publication Tue
    2015-Oct-20
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)