[Magazine] Closing comments on old articles?

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:15:07 UTC 2015

Il giorno ven, 16/10/2015 alle 14.55 -0400, Paul W. Frields ha scritto:
> How do folks feel about time-limiting open comments on articles?  We
> often see comments coming in on old articles.  We can't reasonably
> expect authors to monitor these forever.  It seems to me like 30 days
> should be enough time to allow comments, considering the curve of
> hits
> we see on the articles.
>
> What do other folks think?
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields

Hello Paul,

good point, sometimes I'm really bored about seeing comments on old
posts; but there are some evergeen post we should leave open (e.g
[1][2][3]) or open for a long time.

IMO posts not related to the release or a specific version of software
should be open for more than 30 days.

Is there a way (e.c. categories) to handle these terms? Are we able to
distinguish amongst posts? Also, are we able to remind to the author
his post is going to be closed, so he can ask to leave open if he
considers that its cycle is not ended?

Thanks.

Gabri

[1]http://fedoramagazine.org/make-github-pages-blog-with-pelican/