[Magazine] Closing comments on old articles?

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 04:52:10 UTC 2015

On 10/17/2015 04:55 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> How do folks feel about time-limiting open comments on articles?  We
> often see comments coming in on old articles.  We can't reasonably
> expect authors to monitor these forever.  It seems to me like 30 days
> should be enough time to allow comments, considering the curve of hits
> we see on the articles.
>
> What do other folks think?

As one that regularly monitors the comments, and the spam queue (a
suprising number of legitimagte comments end up in the spam queue), i
think this is a good idea -- we rarely have comments outside this
timeframe anyway, so it would not be a big loss, and if it helps out our
few authors, Im for it.

+1 from me.

cheers,
ryanlerch