Systemd series -- need writers!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:32:58 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 07:58:29PM +0530, Ashutosh Bhakare wrote:
> Hello All
>
> http://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10411&preview_id=10411
>
> I have drafted the systemd article (part 6). Please suggest if any
> correction or additional points need to be covered in this article
> considering this as my first article :)

Hi Ashutosh, thank you for drafting this article.  A couple points:

* We provided starter descriptions for each article in the "drafts"
  list.  For instance, this masking article has a starter here:
  <http://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=10264&action=edit>

  It looks like you started a new post instead.  That's not a big
  problem by any means.  But in the future, pleased look for the
  original pitch or draft rather than starting a new article, since
  the URLs are often used in our meeting notes and we want them to be
  traceable over time.

* You don't need to worry about any banner graphic.  Our resident
  designer Ryan will be happy to provide one as part of our series.
  That way all the articles will have a similar look and feel to the
  graphic.

* Please flesh out the article with: introductory information about
  stopping a service, disabling a service, and the difference between
  those and masking.

* If you can, provide an example of *why* one would mask a service.
  If you don't know an example immediately, do some web searching to
  see if you can find a reliable use case that would serve well.  (In
  this case, remember not to copy text from other articles unless
  their licensing permits, and in that case observe any requirements
  for attribution.)

Also, this is not relevant to the Magazine, but when you respond to a
digest article, please trim it to the single post you're responding
to.  I invite you to read our mailing list guidelines, which will help
you make better use of it over time:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
(for instance, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Replying_to_Digests)

Also, I know you are on an APAC time zone, but feel free to contact us
on IRC in your early morning or later at night and we can help you in
real time.  This will also help avoid any confusion or wasted effort.
Thank you again and talk to you soon.