q: integrate communityblog.fpo into start.fpo along with magazine?

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 23 16:16:46 UTC 2015

> Right now, start.fpo only carries headlines from the Magazine, which is
> strongly geared at user-focused articles. We're launching a new blog,
> <http://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/>, with articles geared more at
> contributors and the more inward-facing community. This won't replace
> the Planet, which will continue to be an aggregator of blog posts
> _from_ community members about Fedora. Instead, it'll be a place for us
> to put articles _for_ the community - stuff about elections, test days,
> FADs, and so on.
>
> Do you think it would be good to include these articles on start.fpo as
> well? If so, should they be mixed with the Magazine headlines, or
> separated out in some way, and if so, how?
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

Hi Matthew,
I feel these contents are different and have different targets, therefore
we should not mix up these blogposts with articles (the name already is
quite different).
Magazine articles are for Fedora users, and we have them on start.fpo which
is the default homepage of firefox.
In my understanding the communityblog content fits perfectly into Fedora
Hubs, as it can even be filtered by single teams.
Just my two cents here.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)