[Community Blog] "What is the Community Blog?"

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 07:41:05 UTC 2015

On 10/26/2015 05:17 PM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to open the page as it says the page does not exists.

To see the post, you will need to log into the community blog with
openID, the same way as the procedure for the magazine (but with the
commblog :))

http://fedoramagazine.org/logging-into-fedora-magazine-with-fas/

Once you log in, you should have access to view the post.

> However, I just would like to ask, whether the Community blog is going
> to be used for Elections as well ? In the past we were using Fedora
> Magazine for presentation of candidates. This was not widely accepted
> as a good idea and it has been proposed to use "a Fedora blog" for
> this purpose, which did not exist at the time.

IMHO, this is exactly the content that we want for the Community Blog.
Other things that would be at home here are major schedule updates and
upcoming deadlines (like the change process opening and closing for new
changes in f24, alpha freezes, etc), updates on new infra tools being
worked on and released (like maybe an update on something like the new
FAS in development), overviews of important meetings that have happened
-- like some coverage of the council meeting, etc.

cheers,
ryanlerch